A well educated and learned Punjab; while spotlighting the parameters of quality, access and governance. While learning from the previous experiences, we have a vision to shelf the best practices and apply them for improving Education Sector deliverables at grassroots level in more open and inclusive ways.
Our mission is to support the Education Department and Government of Punjab (GoPb) by bridging the implementation gaps and delivery mechanisms.
The PESRP embraces the principles of increased transparency, participation, and collaboration as essential to accomplish its mission. By focusing on open practices and increasing access to data, we anticipate the creation of new information and knowledge that will help promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.
The GoP believes that the provincial education sector plan should be meaningful and relevant in order to alleviate poverty and sustain growth through the provision of quality education of all, without any discrimination, thus facilitating the creation of a knowledge based society.
The PESRP has developed a set of strategic goals and objectives for openness that will drive its work forward and allow it, the public, and the Government of Punjab, to measure and assess its progress. These goals are
- 1. Increase access, quality and governance.
- Objective 1.1: Increased and equitable participation of stakeholders.
- Objective 1.2: An education system relevant to development goals.
- Objective 1.3: Decentralization of authority, financing and management of Education Services.
- Objective 1.4: Monitor regularly and report accurately on school performance.
- Objective 1.5: Strengthened capacity of the Department to provide leadership and management.
- Objective 1.6: Quality assurance and accountability through out the sector.
- Objective 1.7: Develop and maintain a coherent and feasible system of standards and performance monitoring.
- Objective 1.8: Prevent the misuse of public resources.
- Objective 1.9: Partnership between department and other agencies in services delivery and capacity building.
- 2. Increase the Departmentís transparency and accountability.
- Objective 2.1: Provide clarity and guidance on rules and regulations to ensure the collection of data timely, independently, verifiably and in usable form.
- Objective 2.2: Increase the transparency of donorís funds.
- Objective 2.4: Maintain up-to-date information on the departmentís website about key programmes.
- Objective 2.5: Foster transparent practices in the school education department.
- Objective 2.6: Develop Education Management Information System (EMIS) to produce and maintain educational data and information; and in time provision of data to stakeholders or policy makers.
- 3. Create a culture of openness within the Department.
- Objective 3.1: Encourage openness and communication within the Department through a responsive media strategy.
- 4. Ensure effective, efficient and visionary leaders in Public Schools.
- Objective 4.1: Encourage recruitment of be more qualified and skillful educators.
- 5. Solicit and incorporate more public input in Department Operations:
- Objective 5.1: Provide more insight into the department decision-making process.
- Objective 5.2: Provide regularly updated project maps, dated milestones, financial and operational data regarding key initiatives of the Government.
- Objective 5.3: Collect and use the input from the public and other stake holders in decision Ėmaking.
- 6. Increase collaboration and communication with other organization.
- Objective 6.1: Enhance collaboration with other national and international agencies, the public and non-profit and private entities.
- 7. Promote gender equality and empowerment of women.
- Objective 7.1: Improve equity in the participation of girls and needy students.
- 8. Capacity Building of the Education Department Officials
- Objective 8.1: Improve and enhance the capacity and skills of the Education department official for better services delivery and management at the district levels.
- Objective 8.2: Equip administrative staff with more technical tools.
Programme Monitoring & Implementation Unit (PMIU):
- is apolitical, performing its functions in an impartial and professional manner.
- is openly accountable and ensures transparency in its actions;
- is responsive to the Government in providing frank, honest, comprehensive, accurate and timely data;
- promotes innovative ideas and acts as an incubator of reforms;
- provides analysis-based advice and proposals that are useful in implementing the Government's policies and programs;
- delivers services fairly, effectively, impartially and courteously to its clients / partners / public;
- establishes relations with its international and local partners that value communication, consultation, co-operation and input from all stakeholders;
- provides a workplace that is free from discrimination
- has the highest ethical standards; and professes neutrality at all levels.
- focuses on achieving results and managing performance.